Preparing for Breast Augmentation
After researching the basics about breast augmentation, many patients want to know what to expect prior breast augmentation surgery. You may be asked to:
- Get lab testing or a medical evaluation.
- Take certain medications or adjust your current medications.
- Get a baseline mammogram before surgery and another mammogram after surgery to help detect any future changes in your breast tissue.
- Stop smoking well in advance of your breast augmentation procedure.
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements, as they can increase bleeding.
Special instructions you receive will cover:
- What to do on the day of surgery.
- Post-operative care and follow-up.
- Breast implant registry documents (when necessary).
Breast augmentation procedures by Dr. William J. Hedden are performed at our Outpatient Surgery Center in Birmingham, Alabama. Equipped with the most advanced surgical and monitoring equipment available, our fully-accredited operating rooms and recovery area are designed to provide for the safety and comfort of each patient in a private, relaxed atmosphere.
Outpatient breast augmentation procedures at our Greystone Cosmetic Center location require a caregiver to drive you to and from your surgery appointment and stay with you for at least the first night following surgery.
Procedure Information © American Society of Plastic Surgeons